Founded in 1987, Mark DeGarmo Dance (AKA Dynamic Forms, Inc.) is a nonprofit organization that has produced over 100 dances and 28 international tours involving cultural diplomacy and exchange in 12 countries in Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mark DeGarmo Dance’s education programs have national significance and target PreK-5 multicultural public school students and communities under-served in the dance arts. The organization currently serves over 20,000 individuals annually across all programs, 1,500 students and 200 classroom teachers in five Title 1 public schools.
We seek a marketing professional to advance our profile and support mission-driven activities by leading and building marketing capacity for our growing organization. The full-time position is an excellent growth opportunity for an emerging and skilled career professional to plan, prioritize, and build marketing capacity for the organization over the longer term. The Marketing Associate will report to the Executive & Artistic Director.
- Collaboratively develop, execute against, and evaluate marketing strategies that increase the organization’s public profile, corporate sponsorships, and brand recognition for programming in performance, education and intercultural communities.
- Develop, implement against, and evaluate our social networking strategy. Track and measure the level of engagement within constituencies over time.
- Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic material including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, and Mark DeGarmo Dance’s website.
- Analyze target audiences and set measurable goals to reach them. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
- Coordinate website maintenance. Ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Collaborate with other staff and members of the Mark DeGarmo Dance community as appropriate.
- Develop and manage all media contacts.
- Report monthly.
- Superb written and verbal communicator.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven track record implementing successful marketing initiatives for arts organizations (dance desired but not required).
- High energy, maturity and able to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Commitment to establishing departmental structures that increase marketing effectiveness.
- Resourceful team player with integrity, good humor and level head.
- Relationship builder with flexibility and finesse.
- Exceptional attention to detail and deadlines and results-oriented.
- 1-3 years’ experience establishing marketing plans for arts organizations using evidence-based reporting systems, such as, Google Analytics.
- Excellent computer skills including at least 3 years with MS Office.
- Broad and deep expertise in theory and practice in marketing for arts organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Bilingual a plus.
- International arts and dance marketing expertise a plus.
$14 per hour, 40 hours weekly. Benefits package can be discussed.
Qualified candidates should e-mail cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
MARK DEGARMO DANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
All inquiries are kept confidential.