Administrative and Operations Manager
Founded in 1987, Mark DeGarmo Dance (AKA Dynamic Forms, Inc.) is a nonprofit organization that has produced over 100 dances and 28 international tours involving cultural diplomacy and exchange in 12 countries in Latin America and Europe. Mark DeGarmo Dance’s education programs have national significance and target NYC PreK-5 public school students and communities of color under-served in the dance arts. The dance-theater performance programs that we currently seek to tour nationally and internationally include “Las Fridas,” a 60-minute duet inspired by the life and artwork of Mexican painter Frida Kahlo. We are also promoting DeGarmo’s artist-scholar residencies, solo performance program, and artistic collaborations. The organization annually reaches over 75,000 individuals across all programs and up to five NYC public schools with over 3,000 economically challenged students.
We seek an Administrative and Operations Manager to implement day-to-day running of MDD’s nonprofit organization, and to support the Founder, Executive & Artistic Director’s multiple, and often off-site, responsibilities. The full-time position is an excellent opportunity for a skilled career professional and not-for-profit organization generalist to implement administration and operations for the organization. The Administrative and Operations Manager reports to the Executive & Artistic Director.
- Implement our administrative and operational plan and educational program design.
- Run our office and activities in our schools and varied communities across programs.
- Maintain schedules, timelines, and deadlines of all operations and programs.
- Keep accurate records and maintain clear paper and digital filing systems, as needed.
- Contribute to operations manual reflecting the full scope of activities and deadlines.
- Work closely with Mark DeGarmo to support his roles and responsibilities and Mark DeGarmo Dance’s vision, mission, core values, programs, and clients.
- Outstanding administration, operations, and business skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Superb written and verbal communicator and people skills.
- Enjoy and skillful at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Resourceful problem solver.
- Skillful at establishing and maintaining digital operating structures and maintaining tech systems that increase organizational effectiveness.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven track record administrating and managing operations for arts and culture organizations (dance and NYC Department of Education school-time experience desired but not required).
- Exceptional attention to detail and deadlines- and results-oriented.
- Relationship builder with flexibility and finesse.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and climb a ladder.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Metrics and qualitative data analysis to support one’s administrative and operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Masters preferred.
- Broad and deep experience in best practices administrating and managing organizations.
- Excellent computer skills including at least 3 years’ experience with in MS Office suite (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), plus Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Detail- and task-oriented and able to complete projects and assignments by deadlines.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
$50,000 salary. Benefits include 2 weeks paid time off and 6 paid holidays.
Qualified candidates should e-mail cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com
MARK DEGARMO DANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
All inquiries are kept confidential.