• We worked with over 1,500 students during the school day in 2015-16.
  • Nearly 100% of our students live below the USA poverty line.
  • Roughly 33% of our students live in temporary housing.
  • Nearly 50% of our PreK-5 students at two of eight schools live in temporary housing, the highest percentage of any NYC public school.
  • 24% of our students are Special Education students.
  • Most of our students are Latino/Hispanic and African American.
  • We taught 3,425 workshops in 225 classrooms in the last 4 years.
  • We have been working with partnership schools for 15 consecutive years.
  • Staff members have 300 cumulative years of experience in The Arts.
  • We offer our teaching artists up to 120 hours of professional learning opportunities annually.
  • Dr. DeGarmo helped develop the NYC Department of Education’s Arts Teaching and Learning Blueprint, serving 1.1 million students in 1,500 public schools.
  • In 2015-2016, the NYC Department of Education provided 1% of our program funding, while we raised the other 99%.