Eagle eye view…
- President Barack Obama commended MDD for its service to its communities and the nation.
- The National Endowment for the Arts called MDD’s school program “a national model.”
- Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer proclaimed Nov. 17, 2017 as Manhattan’s Mark DeGarmo Dance Day.
- NYC press and audiences hailed DeGarmo’s performance work as “brilliant” and “risk-taking,” and DeGarmo as “a gladiator in various arenas.”
- Founder Dr. Mark DeGarmo helped develop the NYC Department of Education’s The Blueprints for Teaching and Learning in The Arts, serving 1.1 million students in 1,800 public schools.
In 2018-19, MDD is…
- Partnering with 6 NYC public elementary schools in 4 boroughs
- Targeting English language learners and students with disabilities
- Developing an innovative trauma-informed teaching program for its faculty
- Writing a new curriculum to increase program fidelity across schools
- Creating its first logic model to show how impacts are consistently delivered
- Presenting its Salon Performance Series with works by DeGarmo and colleagues
- Reaching over 45,000 people across all programs and platforms.