Administrative & Marketing Associate
Mark DeGarmo Dance, a leading nonprofit organization with a dance education program deemed “a national model” by The National Endowment for the Arts, was founded in 1987 as Dynamic Forms, Inc. President Barack Obama commended Mark DeGarmo and Mark DeGarmo Dance for “your service to your communities and the nation.” MDD’s mission includes educate NYC communities, especially children; create, perform and disseminate original dances, artistic and scholarly work; and build intercultural community through dance. DeGarmo has created, and MDD has produced, over 100 dances and multiple international tours involving cultural diplomacy and exchange with multiple countries.
MDD’s evidence-based and scientifically researched education programs benefit under-resourced and disenfranchised BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) New York City prekindergarten to grade 5 Title I public school students and communities without access to dance education. In 2021-22, the organization will serve 11 public elementary schools with up to 1,000 students total in 4 NYC boroughs.
We seek an Administrative & Marketing Associate to start immediately to work with Mark DeGarmo, Ph.D., Founder, Executive and Artistic Director. The position is an outstanding opportunity to gain valuable practical professional experience in sustaining, developing, and growing a leading nonprofit dance organization. The 24- to 40-hours per week position occurs on-site in the organization’s Lower East Side NYC studio and office at The Clemente Center and remotely.
- Conduct operations across administrative, archival, artistic, educational, internships, and marketing programs (with in-person, remote & digital components).
- Videotape, edit, & archive videos for artistic, educational, and other programs.
- Maintain & develop MDD’s presence on social media, including Constant Contact, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, and WordPress.
- Produce marketing materials for all programs, including flyers, social media images, performance programs, press releases, etc., using Canva, inDesign, and/or Photoshop.
- Run annual Dance for Dance fundraising event (combined live and remote broadcast).
- Communicate effectively with all MDD stakeholders, including board, consultants, donors, interns, media/press, schools, staff, and volunteers.
- Maintain, access, and develop accurate data records and reporting with multiple functions.
- Organized with an acute attention to, and enjoyment of, detail.
- Clear communication, professionalism, and punctuality.
- Superb written and verbal communication and excellent people skills.
- Resourceful problem solver.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to adapt focus with shifting schedules and priorities.
- Fast and enthusiastic learner & team player with track record of outstanding achievement.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and climb a ladder.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Detail- and task-oriented and able to complete projects and assignments by given deadlines.
- Tech savvy with excellent computer skills including experience with MS Office suite (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), plus Google Drive, Dropbox, Adobe Creative Suite (including inDesign, Premiere Pro, and Media Encoder) and Zoom. Ability/desire to learn new technologies as needed, quickly and enthusiastically.
- Prior knowledge of and experience with archival materials, handling, and best practices a plus.
- Interest in and knowledge of arts administration, dance and movement practices, and dance education a plus.
- Skilled multi-tasker who enjoys accomplishing tasks within deadlines.
$20-$25 hourly W-2 wage commensurate with experience. Opportunity to grow the part-time position and hours up to fulltime based on performance evaluations.
Qualified candidates should e-mail cover letter, résumé, and 3 professional references of previous supervisors noting candidate’s relationship to each to: email@example.com
MARK DEGARMO DANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
All inquiries are kept confidential.